Mass Edit Leads
This feature enables Admin Users to edit information for Leads in bulk rather than editing the Leads one by one.
With Mass Edit Leads the Admin can change information in the Lead Fields for multiple Leads at once.
Some Reasons why an Admin may need to Mass Edit Leads:
- Applying a State to multiple Leads in the same State.
- A wrong value was sent in via API.
- Changing the Province, Country, or Postal Code for multiple Leads in the same areas.
- Reassigning Leads to new Lead Owners.
- New Lead Owners may be needed when
- An Agent/Lead Owner left the company
- An Agent owns too many Leads and the Admin believes another Agent can better handle certain Leads.
Mass Edit Leads is applicable to any Lead Field, this article will focus on the Lead Owner change.
- There could be hundreds or thousands of Leads that need to be reassigned, and because the company does not want those Leads to go stale, and changing Ownership one by one is not feasible, the Admin can then use the Mass Edit Leads feature on the Leads page, under the Call Center main menu.
How to Use Mass Edit Leads
1.) Click Call Center
2.) Click the Leads menu option.
3.) Search for and filter the Leads, using the Filter By fields.
4.) Select the Leads to edit using the checkbox column to the left of the table.
5.) Click the Mass Edit Leads button to change or remove the Lead Ownership.
Note: Leads may be currently edited by other functions (Agents, API, Workflow Automation). There is no guarantee that mass-changes will not run into conflict with other operations.
- To lower the chances of conflicting changes, it is recommended, but not required, to deactivate the intended Lists prior to making Mass Lead Changes.
Regardless of active or inactive lists, a confirmation window will open confirming how many Leads you want to edit.
6.) Click the Edit Leads button.
7.) For all selected Leads, the Admin will have the opportunity to make changes to almost all fields on the Lead Form.
- Some fields are protected from being changed. such as; the modified date or hidden fields.
8.) To change the Lead Owner, click the drop-down and select a new Lead Owner.
- To clear the Lead Owner click the checkbox in the Clear Value column to the right of the fields.
- Regardless of the option, the Lead Owner (and/or any other selected fields) will be updated for ALL selected Leads.
9.) Click the Apply Changes button to save the new Lead Owner to all the selected Leads.
A Success confirmation window will open.
10.) Click the Close button to close the Success window.