Agents can play pre-recorded messages known as Announcements while on a call. They do so by creating a three-way call that includes the Lead, themselves, and the Announcement.
Before you Begin
- Announcements are PBX Recordings that must be uploaded through the Admin Dashboard.
- To learn more, see Add an Announcement.
- Anytime you update your PBX settings, you must Reload PBX, and your changes can take up to 15 minutes to take effect.
Transfer to an Announcement
1.) During a call, locate the call controls in the upper right of the Agent Console.
2.) Click the blue Transfer button.
The Transfer Conference Functions window will open on the Queues tab.
3.) Click the PBX Destinations tab.
- (A) Click the drop-down option on the right, and select Announcements.
- This will display all available Announcements that your Admin has set up.
- (B) (Optional) Use the Search bar to narrow your Announcements.
- (C) Click the blue Call button next to the message you want to play.
- Alternatively, if you want to Transfer the call to the Announcement and hang up right away, click the red Blind Transfer button.
4.) To confirm that you have successfully played the message, you can select Hold and Call. This will place the Lead on Hold while you redial the Announcement.
5.) Once you have played the Announcement for the Lead, you can click the red X button to end the call with the 2nd line.