In this Article:
API Lookup Field is a combination of select field functions with the ability to trigger Convoso Connect API and extract the value of a key from your CRM's response.
The value of the key will be available for the user as a drop-down option in the field.
1.) Click on CRM.
2.) Select Lead Layouts & Fields from the drop-down.
The Manage Layouts page will open.
3.) Click on the Fields Tab.
The Manage Lead Fields page will open.
4.) Click the Add Lead Field button.
The Step 1. Choose the Field type page will open.
Note: If you need to know how many remaining fields you still have on the account, scroll down to Database Field Space section at the bottom.
5.) Look for API Lookup and click the radio button beside it.
Step 2. Enter the Details page will open.
6.) Configure the following:
- A: Field Number - Assign a Field Number using the drop-down.
- B: Field Label - Enter a label to be used on Displays, Page Layouts, Reports, and List Views.
- C: Field Name - The Field Name is an internal reference and is used for integration purposes such as custom links, custom s-controls, and the API. Be careful when changing the Field Name as it may affect existing integrations.
- D: Description - Additional info about the field (Optional).
- E: Help Text - This text displays on detail and edit pages when users hover over the Info icon next to this field.
- F: Status - Either show, hide or disable the field.
- G: Convoso Connect - Select the Convoso Connect that this Field will Trigger.
- For more information, see Adding a Convoso Connect.
- H: Convoso Connect Response Key - Enter the Response Key this Field will look for.
- ex: Success
7.) Click the Add Field button.