In the Layouts & Fields, we can configure more states if needed. A perfect example would be Washington DC. Though not technically a state, admins have been known to add Washington DC to the states list. Please follow the steps below on how to edit the state fields.
From the admin page, go to CRM then Lead Layouts & Fields.
In Manage Layout Section, click on Fields Tab then click on Add Lead Field
In the field type section, select the State Field
In the enter the details section, configure the following
- Field Number: Select the field number
- Field Label: Enter a label to be used on displays, page layouts, reports, and list views.
- Field Name: The Field Name is an internal reference and is used for integration purposes such as custom links, custom s-controls, and the API. Be careful when changing the Field Name as it may affect existing integrations.
- Description: type how this field is described
- Help Text: This text displays on detail and edit pages when users hover over the Info icon next to this field.
- Status: Hides or Shows the field in the agent page
- Required: Always require a value in this field in order to save a record
Field Options - This field is pre populated with U.S. States. Users can edit the field name of each state. if needed we can also add other states.
An example of this is Washington DC. If you want to add that to the list of states put DC in the Name and Value fields and click on ADD.
That entry will be added to the list of options
To Edit Names or Values, click on the Edit Button.
To Remove the Option, click on Remove Button.
Click on Add Field