In This Article:
How to check the SMS Health of your SMS traffic.
This article assumes that your Account has been approved to send registered SMS traffic through the Campaign Registry Brand and Campaign registration process.
It also assumes that you have checked to ensure that the active Campaign Registry entry has been linked to the Campaign and that the linked ACID List being used to send messages DOES NOT have more than 49 numbers on it.
Note: You can use more than 49 numbers IF you complete an additional, separate special review process for the use of a number pool:
1.) Click the Reports main menu.
2.) Click the SMS Logs menu option.
The Manage SMS Logs page will open.
3.) Use the Start/End Date fields to select the time frame you want to check.
4.) In the Filter By fields, select Action in the first drop-down.
- The middle field will become locked for the With/In option.
- In the third field, select Outbound from the menu that will open when you click the field.
Important: Focus on Outbound traffic when checking SMS Health because that is where number blocking and content filtering occurs.
5.) Click the green Search button.
Important: Take note of the number of results for this search. Find the number of results at the bottom left of the page.
You then need to check the number of Outbound messages that have a Delivered status by adding another filter.
6.) Click the blue Add Filter button.
7.) In the new Filter By fields, select Status in the first drop-down.
- The middle field will become locked for the With In option.
- In the third field, select Delivered from the menu that will open when you click in the field.
8.) Click the green Search button again.
Determine the SMS Success Rate by dividing the results of Search 1 (the Action and Outbound filter) by the results of Search 2 (the added Status and Delivered filter.)
For Example: If there are 250 messages Delivered out of the 280 sent, the Success Rate would be 89.28%. On average, the Success Rate should be in the low-to-mid 90s, if it is below 90%, there are, potentially unregistered DIDs on the SMS ACID List, and traffic is being blocked by one of the Carriers, and/or Inteliquent, etc.
- Example in the Images: The first search, the Action, and Outbound filter, garnered 173 results, the second search, with the added Status and Delivered filter, garnered 121 results which were Delivered. Divide 121 by 173 = 0.69. Meaning the Success Rate is 69% and, likely, messages are being blocked because there are unregistered DIDs on the SMS ACID List.
To check if any registered SMS numbers have been replaced recently:
1.) Click the Account Main menu.
2.) Click the Inbound Numbers menu option.
New Numbers received as a result of replacing registered SMS numbers may not be getting automatically updated in the Inteliquent portal with the correct corresponding Campaign Registration information.
Important: Convoso needs to be notified when replacing registered SMS numbers so Convoso can update the new numbers in the Inteliquent portal.