Understanding what the Voso.ai Virtual Agent is, its purpose, what it consists of, what it can do, and how it can be used.
Before you Begin
Important: You will only see the Voso.ai feature if it is turned on for your Account; please contact your CSM to have Voso.ai activated.
You will know whether Voso.ai is turned on by looking at the Main Menu bar; if it is activated, you will see the Virtual Agent main menu option.
You also will not have the Virtual Agent Logs menu option under the Reports main menu if you do not have Voso.ai turned on yet.
- What is Voso.ai?
- Who does this serve?
- IVA Components
- Virtual Agent Logs
- What Can IVA Do?
What is Voso.ai?
Utilizing Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and AI technologies, the Voso.ai Virtual Agent is a configurable scenario-based platform that is capable of conducting tasks, conversing, and pre-qualifying Leads to automate and scale with our customers' businesses.
Who does this serve?
Any Call Center looking to automate repetitive tasks such as:
- Asking a series of questions to Pre-Qualify,
- Determine the purpose of the call,
- Simple lookups, and
- Simple informational updates on customers.
For Example: Calling in to change a last name, asking to confirm details before transferring, confirmation of Callbacks, etc.
Access Voso.ai by clicking the Virtual Agent main menu option.
There are three options in the Virtual Agent menu:
An Entity is a piece of information within a response. Information a customer wants to capture during a Voso.ai call.
- For Example: Do you have an Insurance provider? Yes, I have Progressive. Progressive is the Entity.
- Entities are used with Training Phrases.
- Intents: Are used for any customer looking to utilize Voso.ai Virtual Agent and/or SMS AI in their Call Center strategy.
- Intents: Categorizes intention. Users can set up Intents to detect Lead's/customer's intentions.
- Typically categorized as: "yes + answer" or "no."
- Key Words give us the ability to train the NLU model for specific words
- This really only applies to Voice and Voice Transcriptions
- The Show Key Words page allows you to enter a word that is not typically transcribed correctly.
- Scenarios depict the call flow that a Lead/contact would go through. It is comprised of many actions, or Nodes, and can be specifically configured for customers.
- Scenarios are meant to be user-friendly and easier to understand.
Virtual Agent Logs
The core functionality of the Virtual Agent is to capture speech Intention. The core benefit is to understand the Lead's speech and to route the call accordingly. The goal is to get Intent Detection as close to 100% as possible.
Virtual Agent Logs can help determine whether or not the Intent was captured and, if not, how to fix it and improve the Voso.ai detection ability.
This feature can be utilized to refine Voso.ai Intents and Entities, thus improving speech detection and the call flow and success of your Virtual Agent Campaigns.
- What are you trying to do?
- What are you hoping to capture?
- What information do you want/need to know?
- What are the decisions that need to be made (disqualified vs qualified)?
- Are you using audio recordings or text-to-speech?
- What is your goal in using Voso.ai?
Answering these questions can help Convoso build out a Scenario for effective Intent Detection.
What Can IVA Do?
- Place Calls:
A Voso.ai Scenario calls a phone number. If a person picks up (rather than an answering machine or voicemail), connect the Scenario with the caller and run through the Scenario.
- Receive Calls:
Receive Inbound calls. Depending on the number dialed, connect the caller to a Voso.ai Scenario or Agent.
- Gather Data:
Gather information from internal or external APIs to be used within the Scenario
Call a weather-related API to gather local weather information based on the record's zip code.
- Send Information:
Use information gathered in the Scenario and send it to an internal or external API
Update the company's CRM system with updated address information gathered in the call.
- Ask Questions:
Ask questions, whether synthesized or recorded.
Re-ask questions if unable to hear the answer.
Re-ask if an answer doesn't match an Intent.
Continue the conversation when an answer is received.
- Make Decisions:
Proceed down different paths in the Scenario depending upon the user’s answers and determined Intent.
- Send a call to an Agent if the Lead is from CA.
- Determine if there are additional actions needed if there is information missing.
- Understand Context:
Receive answers, detect user’s Intent, and determine how to proceed depending on Intent.
- Route Calls:
Transfer calls to an Agent, external number, or directory. Schedule a Callback, place a call in a Queue, announce a message, or play a different IVA Scenario, and end the call.
- Talk Like a Human:
Parse a pre-written message to audio, including additional information captured in the call.
- Send Emails:
Sends an Email to the Lead's Email address captured in the Scenario.
- Create a Callback:
Sends Lead information to insert a Callback into the system. Set delayed Callbacks.
- Provide Insights:
Report against how well Campaigns are doing, where calls are being dropped in the Scenario, and which Intents are captured throughout the Scenario.
Accept Touch-Tone Input from Leads in order to capture numerical values.
Functions similarly to a Script. A Scenario is a series of actions (Nodes) in a call from start to finish.
Synonymous to an action. One Node = one action
- Question Node → Asks a question.
- API Node → Makes an API call.
- Text-to-Speech (TTS):
Turns a written message into speech.
Admin types a message, and TTS will speak it in a call.
- Speech-to-Text (STT):
Turns speech into a transcribed text.
Transcribes all speech from a Lead into written text.
The intention behind responses. Typically a Yes or No.
Example: Do you have an insurance provider? Yes, I have Progressive. Yes is the Intent.
Pieces of information within responses.
Example: Do you have an insurance provider? Yes, I have Progressive. Progressive is the Entity.
The Natural Language Understanding (NLU) engine provided by Google that we use.
The point on a Node that connects one Node to the next Node. Ports direct the calls from Node to Node in the Scenario Builder and direct the call based on how the Ports are configured.
- Touch Tone
Allows Leads to press the number keys/digits on their phone number pad to be routed accordingly.
Example: Press 1 for A, Enter your member ID, etc.
There are three types of Variables in Voso.ai;
- Global - Call-specific details such as IDs and Time and Date of a call.
- Lead/Contact - Pulls information from and puts information into Lead Form Fields.
- Custom - Those created in Manage Variables, information that is saved during the call.
Note: If you have questions regarding Voso.ai, please contact your IVA CSM. If you have issues with your Virtual Agent Campaigns, please contact Support.