In This Article:
This feature will give the ability to check DNC numbers on third-party DNC providers of the client.
Note: The client needs to have an account with their third-party DNC providers.
Create a DNC Lookup
1.) On the Admin home page, click the Apps tab
2.) Select DNC Lookup from the menu
3.) Click the Add DNC Provider button.
4.) Fill in the fields with the information provided by their third-party DNC providers.
Note: You need to set this up for both Single and Bulk tabs.
- For Single - This checks DNC numbers for manual calls or to preview Campaigns only. To configure DNC settings for the Predictive or Power Dial Campaigns.
- For Bulk - This section is strictly used for Predictive or Power Dial Campaigns, for manual calls, or preview Campaigns.
5.) Enter the information from your third-party DNC providers.
6.) Enter the same information in the Bulk tab.
7.) Set Yes to Enable Bulk Requests.
8.) Click the Save DNC Provider button to save the settings.
9.) After saving the settings, you can check if the system can now check the DNC numbers against the numbers in your third-party DNC provider, you need to get a number that exists in your third-party DNC database.
- Sample Lead: 3149935472 (Already existing in DNC.com)
- Click the Test button
- Enter the number 3149935472 and click the Test button again.
- If the phone number appears in the Result field, your setup is working correctly, and it is checking against DNC numbers in your third-party DNC database.
- If the number doesn't exist, it will not display in the Result field.
To Apply the DNC Lookup in your Campaign
1.) Click the Call Center tab.
2.) Select Campaigns
3.) From the Campaign list, click the Campaign name to get into its settings.
4.) Click the Leads tab.
5.) Locate the DNC Settings
6.) On the Primary Lookup field, set the slide option to Activate
7.) Select the DNC Lookup that you created.
- You can also activate the Secondary Lookup if you have multiple DNC provider accounts.
Note: You can't use one DNC Lookup for both Primary and Secondary Lookup.
- Single and Bulk Lookup Max Timeout (sec): - Number of seconds that you will allow the system to wait for the response from the third-party DNC provider. If Convoso did not get a response at that said time, the system will follow the Max Retry Action (Skip Calls or Place Calls.)
8.) Click on the Apply Changes button to save the settings.