In this article, we will show you how to create/change the welcome message, check on the hold music and duration, and set up the agent unavailable messages. For these settings, we will be using the audio files from the Audio Library.
From the Dashboard, click on Call Center and select Call Center Queues from the drop down.
In Show Queues Section, click on the Gear Icon, and select Settings from the drop down
Go to the Call Routing Tab and scroll down to Welcome Settings
- Welcome Message Options: This is the section where we set the Welcome message to play or not, here are your options
- Only Play Message if No Available Agent
- Alway Play Message unless no delay is Enabled
- Welcome Message Recording – Select the Audio Media to be played
Note: Setting a welcome message that is 10 seconds or longer in length can pile up callers and greatly increase transfer times.
Scroll down to Hold Settings and configure the following if needed
- Music On Hold – This is where to configure the Inbound Hold Music
- Announcement Interval Sec. - This interval plays the custom message and the place in line and/or hold time if enabled.
- Custom Message – This is where to configure Audio Files uploaded by the admin
- Play Place in Line - Plays an audio message indicating the place in queue of the caller
- Place Estimated Hold Time - Plays an audio message indicating the estimated Hold Time
- 24H Recall Queue - If the caller was talked to in the past 24 hours, redirect them to this specific queue.
- Max Estimated Hold Time - If the estimated hold time is greater, execute the Max Hold Time Drop Action
- Max Hold Time Drop Action - Next action the system will to do the call when exceeds hold time.
Once done, scroll down and click on Apply Changes