In This Article:
Area Code Coverage is a function under List Based ACID that generates a report to determine if there is a need to add new DIDs per Area Code based on calls per day, and calculated based on selected options. This will guide you through running the report including, setting the Filters, and how to read the report.
1.) On the Account Admin Dashboard, click the Call Center main menu option
2.) Click the List Based ACID menu option.
The Show ACIDs page will open displaying all existing ACID Lists.
3.) Click on the name of the ACID List to access the settings for that List. The ACID Settings page will open.
4.) Click the Area Code Coverage tab.
Setting the Filters
In the Filter By fields, select one of three options:
- Account (default setting)
- When setting the Filter By option to Campaign or List, in the additional fields, you need to specify which Campaigns or Lists will be used. Currently, you can select a maximum of 20 at a time. (The Account option does not include the additional fields.)
- When filtering using Campaigns, you can only select the ones included. (This can be a single Campaign or multiple Campaigns if needed.)
5.) Click in the field, indicated in the image below, and a list of available Campaigns or Lists will open to add them to the report.
- When filtering using Lists, select a, "IS IN" or "IS NOT IN" condition from the center Filter field.
6.) Specify the volume of calls in the Per Day field. The value indicated in this field will be used for the calculation. By default, this is set to 100.
7.) Select a Start and End date.
(The Leads calculation option does not require dates and these fields will not be available.)
8.) Select options for calculation in the Calculate based on drop-down field. There are four options for Calculation:
- Calls Placed (default setting)
- Caller IDs Displayed
- Area Codes Missing Caller IDs
9.) Click the green Run button. The search results will appear in the table below.
How to Read the Report
On the search results table, there are six columns:
- Area Code - Displays all the Area Codes in use.
- Leads Count - The number of Leads using the specific Area Code in the Area Code column. (Results will only be displayed in this column when calculating based on Leads.)
- Calls Placed Count - The number of calls made to the specified Area Code in the Area Code column. (Results will only be displayed in this column when calculating based on Calls Placed.)
- DID Count - The number of DIDs per Area Code.
- DID Needed - The recommended number of DIDs to be added to the account to match the DID Per Day amount indicated.
- DID Overage - How many numbers are in excess for an Area Code.
IMPORTANT: We highly recommended getting the DIDs Needed to prevent your calls from getting marked as "Scam Likely." Any DID being used to make more than 100 calls per day runs the risk of getting tagged as a "Scam Likely." This is due to monitoring in place in the industry. When you overuse a DID, you will likely see a higher rate of answering machines since your Caller ID will show as "Scam Likely" leading people to send you to voicemail more often.