In this Article:
This feature is used in tandem with inserting a Lead through API where the system cross-checks the lead from a client's third-party CRM, which is being inserted into the client's Convoso Account.
This will have the option to either allow a new Lead with different information or without duplicate numbers.
Now, you can enable API Duplicate Lead Check settings under Global Settings.
Before activating this setting, you will need to prepare the following:
- First, create an Adaptor for field mapping for the third-party CRM.
- Please check the link on how to add adaptors: Adding Adaptors.
- Second, we need to create Convoso Connect, where we will use the Adaptor we just created.
- Please see this article for adding a Convoso Connect: Adding a Convoso Connect.
- Third, ensure you have the following information from your third-party CRM:
- Ask the third-party CRM what their return key is.
- Ask the third-party CRM for their return value.
1.) Click on Account.
2.) Select the Global Settings option.
The Global Settings page will open.
2.) Scroll to the bottom to find the API Duplicate Lead Check toggle.
3.) Click the toggle, switching the setting to On.
- Two new settings will appear:
- Convoso Connect:
This drop-down is for choosing the Convoso Connect you want to use with API Duplicate Lead Check.
- External API Data Validation:
This table and Add button are for telling the system how to communicate with your third-party CRM and what to do with the data.
- Convoso Connect:
4.) Select the Convoso Connect you created for your third-party CRM in the Convoso Connect drop-down.
5.) Click the Add button(A) across from External API Data Validation.
Note: You can have more than one entry by clicking Add multiple times.
- The table will appear with the following columns:
- B: Key - This field is for the key where Convoso will look for the response we get from the third-party CRM.
- C: Value - This field will hold the value we will look for in the key above.
- D: Create Lead - This Yes or No toggle is for the lead creation even if the key/value matched or skip it and mark it as duplicate.
- E: Status - This is the status of the newly created lead if the Create Lead option is Yes.
- F: Add to DNC - If set to yes, this toggle will add the phone number to the Account's DNC. It will not add the number to the Account's DNC if set to No.
- G: Success - This toggle, if set to Yes, the system will return a successful response. If set to No, the system will return a failed response, but it will still post a new lead.
- H: Remove - Delete an entry.
6.) Click Apply Changes once you have completed your entries for the External API Data Validation.
Note: This setting is used for Convoso Connect or Workflow only.