When creating fields, there are many options you can select for the field type. This article will show you how to create a text field. Take note that the agent can enter up to 255 characters in this field. If needed, there are larger text fields available for you.
From the Dashboard, click on CRM and select Lead Layouts & Fields from the drop down.
Click on the Fields Tab
Click on the Add Lead Field button
Click the Radio Button for Text. Note that this field has a Maximum of 255 characters.
Configure the following
- Field Number - Assign a Field Number - There are 10 fields that can be used as Searchable options in reporting - They are marked as Searchable. Use these fields carefully.
- Field Label - Enter a label to be used on displays, page layouts, reports, and list views.
- Field Name - The Field Name is an internal reference and is used for integration purposes such as custom links, custom s-controls, and the API. Be careful when changing the Field Name as it may affect existing integrations.
- Description - Additional info about the field (Optional)
- Help Text - This text displays on detail and edit pages when users hover over the Info icon next to this field.
- Status - Either show, hide or disable the field.
- Required - Always require a value in this field in order to save a record.
- Default Value - If this is set, the value entered will auto populate the field.
- Min Length - set minimum length if needed
- Max Length - set maximum length if needed.
Click on Add Field Button