This article will show you how to create a Number field. Take note that agent can enter numbers up to the value of 2147483647. Any number higher than 2147483647 will be invalidated. If you need to use a longer number format, we suggest using a simple text field.
From the Dashboard, click on CRM and select Lead Layouts & Fields from the drop down.
Click on Fields Tab
Click on Add Lead Field button
Scroll at the bottom to see how many remaining fields you still have on the account.
Click the Radio Button for Number. Note that this field can be set up to the value of 2147483647
Configure the following
- Field Number - Assign a Field Number
- Field Label - Enter a label to be used on displays, page layouts, reports, and list views.
- Field Name - The Field Name is an internal reference and is used for integration purposes such as custom links, custom s-controls, and the API. Be careful when changing the Field Name as it may affect existing integrations.
- Description - Additional info about the field (Optional)
- Help Text - This text displays on detail and edit pages when users hover over the Info icon next to this field.
- Status - Either show, hide or disable the field.
- Required - Always require a value in this field in order to save a record.
- Default Value - If this is set, the value entered will auto populate the field.
- Min Length - set minimum length if needed
- Max Length - set maximum length if needed.
Click on Add Field Button
After adding the field, Required for Statuses will appear below.
This feature will allow Admin to have a required status or statuses for this field. Agent will not be able to disposition the lead without using the required status or statuses of the field.
Select the status and click on the less than button to add the status on the Disposition Statuses this field is required for.
Click on Save Changes to apply the settings.
If you tried to add more and your ran our of field space. You will get an error message "You’ve used up all of your available fields of data type Integer, and Number is of this data type. Please select a different form element."