What is WinMTR
WinMTR is a free MS Windows visual application that combines the functionality of the traceroute and ping in a single network diagnostic tool.
WinMTR will allow you to see the internet route along which your VoIP and data packets are being sent to get to the Convoso Data Center. Using WinMTR you will be able to also check for packet loss and slow connection speeds to aid in troubleshooting your VoIP software.
How to download WinMTR
- On the bottom part of this page, you can download the executable file.
- Save the file, and remember where you saved it.
How to use WinMTR
- Navigate to the download location where you saved the file
- Double click on the WinMTR.exe file to launch the program
- Enter the IP of our server (agent.convoso.com) in the Host box
- Press the Options button to configure ping size, maximum hops and ping interval (the defaults are OK).
- Push the Start button and wait.
- Click Stop after about 1000 sent and receive are completed. Or you may run the test and export the result at the end of the day.
What to look for:
- Loss % - anything packet loss between your computer and Convoso's servers can degrade call quality.
- Disregard 100% loss if there are other nodes listed after this.
- Avrg - high average round trip time for packets can contribute to degraded VoIP quality.
- Worst - high numbers in this field could result in dropped calls, updates arriving to the dialer forms.
To Copy or Export the data:
Copy or export the results in text or HTML format. Useful if you want to document or file a complaint with your ISP.
Download exe file below: