What is WinMTR
WinMTR is a free MS Windows visual application that combines the functionality of the traceroute and ping in a single network diagnostic tool.
WinMTR will allow you to see the internet route along which your VoIP and data packets are being sent to get to the Convoso Data Center. Using WinMTR, you will be able to check for packet loss and slow connection speeds to aid in troubleshooting your VoIP software.
How to download WinMTR
- On the bottom part of this page, you can download the executable file [or download it from the Google Drive alternative download link].
- Save the file, and remember where you saved it.
How to use WinMTR
1.) Navigate to the download location where you saved the file.
2.) Right-click on the zip file and select Extract All... option.
3.) Press Extract to complete the extraction process.
4.) Go to the folder where you extracted the program file and double-click on the WinMTR.exe file to launch the program.
5.) Enter the IP of our server (agent-dt.convoso.com) in the Host box.
6.) Push the Start button on the right side of the host box to start the tool.
Keep the test running until it reaches 1000 packets sent, or you may run the test and export the result at the end of the day. (This will help provide a bigger picture of how your internet connection performs during operating hours).
What to look for:
- Loss % - anything packet loss between your computer and Convoso's servers can degrade call quality.
- Disregard 100% loss if there are other nodes listed after this.
- Avrg - high average round trip time for packets can contribute to degraded VoIP quality.
- Worst - high numbers in this field could result in dropped calls and updates arriving on the dialer forms.
- To Diagnose, you can check on this site for more information.
You will see data as shown below.
root@localhost:~# mtr --report www.google.com HOST: example Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1. 18.104.22.168 0.0% 10 0.3 0.6 0.3 1.2 0.3 2. 22.214.171.124 50.0% 10 0.4 1.0 0.4 6.1 1.8 3. 126.96.36.199 0.0% 10 0.8 2.7 0.8 19.0 5.7 4. aix.pr1.atl.google.com 0.0% 10 6.7 6.8 6.7 6.9 0.1 5. 188.8.131.52 0.0% 10 7.2 8.3 7.1 16.4 2.9 6. 184.108.40.206 0.0% 10 39.1 39.4 39.1 39.7 0.2 7. 220.127.116.11 0.0% 10 39.6 40.4 39.4 46.9 2.3 8. gw-in-f147.1e100.net 0.0% 10 39.6 40.5 39.5 46.7 2.2
To Copy or Export the data
Copy or export the results in text or HTML format. Useful if you want to document or file a complaint with your ISP.
Download zip file: WinMTR.zip
Alternative Download Link: Google Drive