In this article we will discuss which fields are available to be created when creating a new field for your form.
- From the Admin Dashboard, click on CRM and select Lead Layouts & Fields from the drop down menu.
- In the Manage Layout Section, click on the Fields tab then click on the Add Lead Field button.
- When creating a new field, you can select what field type you want to use. Below is a list of field types available to you.
- Checkbox - Allows users to select a True (checked) or False (unchecked) value.
- Date - Allows users to enter a date or pick a date from a popup calendar.
- Datetime - Allows users to enter a date and time, or pick a date from a popup calendar. When users click a date in the popup, that date and the current time are entered into the Date/Time field.
- Email - Allows users to enter an email address which is validated to ensure proper format. If this field is specified for a contact or lead, users can choose the address when clicking Send an Email. Note that custom email addresses cannot be used for mass emails.
- Currency - Allows users to enter any currency. Leading zeros are removed.
- Number - Allows users to enter any number. Leading zeros are removed.
- Phone - Allows users to enter any phone number. Automatically formats it as a phone number.
- Select - Allows users to select a value from a list you define.
- Multi-Select - Allows users to select multiple values from a list you define.
- Text - Allows users to enter any combination of letters and numbers.
- Textarea - Allows users to enter up to 255 characters on separate lines.
- Textarea (Long) - Allows users to enter up to 131,072 characters on separate lines.
- API Lookup - Allows users to select a value from an external source.
- API Processing - Allows users to post the lead to an external source and store the response.
Non-Persistent - Allows users to insert input that will not be stored such as social security, credit card, or any confidential information (To be used in concurrence with API Processing field).