How to change the Caller ID name (CNAM) for an inbound number
- Log in to SSC (House Admin)
- Search for the client id that you would like to change a caller id name for
- Click on Service Details > Services
- Type in the field to the right of the DID that you would like to add a caller id name for (Max limit: 15 Characters)
- Click Green Check to the right
This will take up to 10 business days to take effect
***Note – This process has a $10 fee for each number if the client asks to have these changed after the initial automatic one that was created***
Reasons why CNAM (Caller id name) is NOT displaying in the Caller ID
1. The number receiving the call must have the ability to lookup or "dip" to read inbound CNAM. If they do not have that enabled then they will not receive CNAM on their caller ID display.
2. The receiving party\'s carrier may not have updated their CNAM database quite yet. There are certain carriers that update their CNAM databases once a month and others, twice a month. Unfortunately, our carrier is not notified of when these updates take place.