This option allows the admin to make changes on the conference settings. Here are the steps to follow:
- From the Dashboard, click on “Phone System” and select "Conference"
- Under Show Conference select the Conference that you want to edit then click on the drop down arrow under action and click on “Edit”.
- Once you click on Edit you can now change the settings of the Conference that you selected.
- Edit Conference Section
- Conference Number – Use this number to dial into the conference
- Conference Description – Give this conference a brief name to help you identify it.
- User PIN - You can require callers to enter a password before they can enter this conference.
This setting is optional.
If either PIN is entered, the user will be prompted to enter a PIN.
- Admin PIN - Enter a PIN number for the admin user. This setting is optional unless the 'leader wait' option is in use, then this PIN will identify the leader.
Conference Options Section
- Join Message - Message to be played to the caller before joining the conference.
To add additional recordings please use the "Recordings" MENU to the left.
- Leader Wait - Wait until the conference leader (admin user) arrives before starting the conference.
- Talker Optimization - Turns on talker optimization. With talker optimization, the System treats talkers who are not speaking as being muted, meaning that no encoding is done on transmission and that received audio that is not registered as talking is omitted, causing no buildup in background noise.
- Quiet Mode - Quiet mode (do not play enter/leave sounds).
- User Count - Announce user(s) count on joining conference.
- User join/leave - Announce user join/leave.
- Music on Hold - Enable Music on Hold when the conference has a single caller.
- Music on Hold Class - Music (or Commercial) played to the caller while they wait in line for the conference to start. Choose "inherit" if you want the MoH class to be what is currently selected, such as by the inbound route.This music is defined in the "Music on Hold" to the left.
- Allow Menu - Present Menu (user or admin) when '*' is received ('send' to menu).
- Record Conference - Record the conference call.
- Maximum Participants - Maximum Number of users allowed to join this conference.
- Mute on Join - Mute everyone when they initially join the conference. Please note that if you do not have 'Leader Wait' set to yes you must have 'Allow Menu' set to Yes to unmute yourself.
- At the lower right hand corner, click on Apply Changes to save the settings.