A dropped call means that a live person was on the phone but there was no agent available to take the call. You can have the call take several actions such as terminating the call, sending it to voicemail or sending it to a Safe Harbor (an automatic message is played.)
Here's how to set it up.
In the Dashboard. Go to Call Center and select Campaigns.
Under Show Campaigns, Click on the Action Button and select Settings.
Click Call Routing Tab.
Scroll down to Overflow Call Settings and configure the following if needed.
- Max Wait Time seconds - This is the time set on how long the call will stay before the system will perform the next action depending on what action is selected on the Hangup Destination.
NOTE: Possibility of dead call transfers if seconds are above 2.
- Hangup Destination
- Terminate call – Hangs up the phone.
- Select the Status of the Terminated Call.
- Safe Harbor – The system will play an audio file.
- Select the Audio File that the system will play as the Safe Harbor Audio.
- See FAQ How to How to Upload Audio Media.
- IVR - see FAQ for IVR
- Select the IVR Settings.
Click on Apply Changes.