Lead drips are an extremely powerful tool for lead management. By using lead drips you can move leads from one list to another or change their status over night. Lead drips run each night after midnight, they cannot be run manually.
Some examples of why to use lead drips are:
- Move your leads from a hot campaign to a warm campaign
- Change the status of answering machine to New Lead so they will be dialed immediately
- Move disconnected numbers to their own list so that they can easily be removed from the system thus freeing up lead space
- Move all leads with a specific zip code to a specific list for location based dialing
To create a Lead Drip, go to Apps and then Drips
In the top right corner, click Add Drip
Name your drip – the more descriptive the better
Click Create Drip
Your drip has been created, now it must be configured
Click the Workflow Automation Tab
Select which lists will be included in this drip. It can be one or all but at least one list needs to be added to the drip.
Select the statuses within this drip. Again, it can be one or all but at least one status needs to be added to the drip. A single status would be selected if you want to change something like answering machine to new lead.
Select the users within this drip. Once again, it can be one or all but at least one user needs to be added to the drip. We suggest choosing all users to ensure all leads are moved or restatused. However, if you are moving all leads for one specific user, only select that user.
Now it’s time to configure the triggers for this drip. The triggers will determine things like how many days old a lead is or how many times a lead has been called. There are many options here that can be added as a trigger. We have 4 triggers by time as default; Days Idle, Days Old, Call Count and Days Since Last Called. We will touch on those triggers shortly. If you would like to have a trigger other than one based on time, follow these steps:
- Click the blue Add Field button and use the drop down that appears to select your trigger
- Select your qualifier – examples are greater than, less than or equal to, equal to
- Enter your trigger criteria – examples are the zip code or state name
The time based triggers are as follows:
- Days Idle – Move matching leads that have not been modified for the last X number of days
- Days Old – Move matching leads that are X number of days old
- Call Count – Move matching leads that have been called X number of times or more
- Days Since Last Called – Move matching leads that have not been called for the last X number of days
You can select your qualifier and set a number for each time trigger. In this example, we have chosen both days old and call count with a greater than or equal to qualifier
The last step in the process of configuring a trigger is the Action the trigger will take.
Here you have two options for Actions:
- Move all lead drip results to list – This action will move the leads selected from one list to another
- Set the status of all lead drip results to – This action will change the status of all leads selected to the status of your choosing.
- Click Apply Change
- When you are ready for the lead drip to run, you can click on the lead drip settings and change it from inactive to active or you can go to Apps and then Drips and click the Active\Off button. To turn the drip off again, just change it from active to off. Again, lead drips will run each night after midnight.
You have now created a fully functional lead drip.