Answering machine detection works by calculating the numbers of words and amount of silence between them when the call is first answered. This method is not 100% effective but can detect almost all standard answering machine messages.
Notes on Answering Machine Detection
- AMD can only be used in Ratio/Predictive dialing modes.
- AMD will not detect 100% of the answering machines.
- Calls will take longer to get to agents, because the system listens to the first few seconds of the call to determine if it is an Answering Machine or a live person.
Here are the steps to enable this feature:
- In the Dashboard. Go to Call Center and select Campaigns
- Under Show Campaigns, Click on the Action Button and select Settings
- Click Call Routing Settings Tab
- Scroll down to Call Analysis.
- Under Detect Answering Machine & Fax, choose either Standard or Aggressive from the drop down menu
- Standard AMD mode is about 87% to 95% accurate but occasional answering machines will get through to the agents
- Aggressive AMD mode is about 60% to 70% accurate. Fewer answering machines will get through to your agents but you run the risk of a live call being flagged as an answering machine.
- Disable mode - system will not filter Answering Machine Calls
You will achieve a higher connect/contact rate with Standard AMD mode at the cost of some answering machines connecting to live agents. Aggressive AMD mode will filter out the highest volume of answering machines, but a small number live contacts may be identified as answering machines thereby decreasing your connect/contact rate.
- Leave Message when Answering Machine is detected: Voicemail Drop is disabled by default. If you want to add this feature, please contact support.
- Under Message Played, choose the pre-recorded message you wish to play.
- Click on Apply Changes to save settings