Answering machine detection works by calculating the numbers of words and amount of silence between them when the call is first answered. This method is not 100% effective but can detect almost all standard answering machine messages.
Notes on Answering Machine Detection
- AMD can only be used in Ratio/Predictive dialing modes.
- AMD will not detect 100% of the answering machines.
- Calls will take longer to get to agents, because the system "listens" to the first few seconds of the call to determine if it is an Answering Machine or a live person.
Here are the steps to enable this feature:
- In the Dashboard. Go to “Call Center” and select “Campaigns”
- Under Show Campaigns, Click on the "Action Button" and select "Settings"
- Click "Call Routing Settings Tab"
- Scroll down to “Call Analysis”.
- Under “Detect Answering Machine & Fax”, choose from "Standard" or "Aggressive" from the drop down
- Standard AMD mode is about 87% to 95% accurate, whereas
- Aggressive AMD mode is about 60% to 70% accurate.
- Disable mode - system will not filter Answering Machine Calls
You will achieve a higher connect/contact rate with Standard AMD mode at the cost of some answering machines connecting to live agents. Aggressive AMD mode will filter out the highest volume of answering machines, but a small number live contacts may be identified as answering machines thereby decreasing your connect/contact rate.
- Leave Message when Answering Machine is detected: Voicemail Drop is disabled by default. If you want to add this feature, please contact support.
- Under “Message Played”, choose the pre-recorded message you wish to play.
- Click on “Apply Changes” to save settings