Answering machine detection can be a key part of your campaign. It filters out the answering machines and only connects a live call to the agent. Answering machine detection works by calculating the numbers of words and amount of silence between them when the call is first answered. This method is not 100% effective but can detect almost all standard answering machine messages.
Notes on Answering Machine Detection
- AMD can only be used in Ratio/Predictive dialing modes.
- AMD will not detect 100% of the answering machines.
- Calls will take longer to get to agents, because the system listens to the first few seconds of the call to determine if it is an Answering Machine or a live person.
Here are the steps to enable this feature:
From the Dashboard, Go to Call Center and select Campaigns
Under Show Campaigns, Click on the Action Button and select Settings
Click the Call Routing Tab.
Scroll down to Call Analysis.
Under Detect Answering Machine & Fax, choose either Standard or Aggressive from the drop down menu
- Standard AMD mode is about 87% to 95% accurate but occasional answering machines will get through to the agents
- Aggressive AMD mode is about 60% to 70% accurate. Fewer answering machines will get through to your agents but you run the risk of a live call being flagged as an answering machine.
- Disable mode - system will not filter Answering Machine Calls
You will achieve a higher connect/contact rate with Standard AMD mode at the cost of some answering machines connecting to live agents. Aggressive AMD mode will filter out the highest volume of answering machines, but a small number live contacts may be identified as answering machines thereby decreasing your connect/contact rate.
Leave Message when Answering Machine is detected: Voicemail Drop is disabled by default. If you want to add this feature, please contact support.
Under Message Played, choose the pre-recorded message you wish to play.
Click on Apply Changes to save settings.