Uploading leads is an integral part of the Call Center experience. Leads are the people that you dial and without uploading leads, you will not be able to use the system. That being said, we’ve made it easy to upload your leads.
Go to Call Center and select Leads
In the top right corner, select Upload Leads
Click Choose File to browse to the file you would like to upload.
Important Reminders with your file for upload
1. The phone numbers will need to be formatted as a 10 digit number without the 1 in front of the number. (IE. 8885554444)
2. Avoid special characters in the phone number section (dash - is okay)
3. Do not include special characters in the header section
4. File types supported are comma-separated (.csv), tab-delimited (.txt) and excel (.xlsx)
See Link How to Convert Excel File (.xlsx) to Comma Delimited (CSV) and prepare a Lead List
5. & and * sign will be automatically removed
6. Special characters !@#$%^() are acceptable when data is uploaded in a text field
Click Upload then click Next.
Please note that when uploading a huge list, it may take some before the Next Button to appear.
It is recommended to upload up to 30,000 leads per list. If you have a huge list split the list into smaller lists.
You now have two options
- Give the list a name and create a brand-new list
- Upload to an existing list by using the dropdown menu next to List Name
Select the campaign the list will be associated with by using the drop-down next to Campaign
Duplicate & Lead Scrubbing numbers
There are several options located under Duplicate & Lead Scrubbing Numbers which allow you to filter your lead upload for duplicates and DNC (Do Not Call) numbers.
Filter Duplicates Against: There are three options here
- Do Not Filter – This will allow the upload of all duplicates to your account. This is not a suggested setting as it can lead to confusion and duplicate calling
- Entire Account – This will filter your duplicates against your entire account. If you do not plan on using the same number in multiple campaigns, use this setting.
- This Campaign Only – If you plan on using the same phone numbers on multiple campaigns, use this setting
When Duplicates are Found – Gives you the option to upload or not upload the lead. We always suggest to NOT upload the lead so that it does not count against your lead capacity
Filter Duplicates Against Archived Leads
Filter Duplicates Against Archived Leads will have the system also check all archived lists when scrubbing duplicate leads.
Filter DNC Against: There are two options here
- Entire Account – This will check your entire account for DNC (Do Not Call) numbers.
- This Campaign Only – Will only check the campaign you are uploading to for DNC numbers. This is not recommended unless you are using the same phone numbers on multiple campaigns.
Separate Rejected Numbers
This will separate leads that were tagged as DNC and appears to be duplicate numbers.
- Enabled or Checked
DNC numbers from the upload summary are DNC's and are not duplicates numbers in the system.
- Disabled or Not checked
DNC numbers from the upload summary are TOTAL DNC's detected by the system (DNC + DNC/DUP).
Once you have chosen your filters, click Next. This will bring you to the field mapping section of uploading your leads.
What to Filter? There are two options here:
- Do Not Filter – This will not filter out wireless numbers
- Filter Wireless – This will remove most wireless numbers from your lead list. This is not 100% due to things like number porting.
Process After Hour
- If you are uploading a very large lead list (more than 100,000 leads) we ask that you schedule your lead upload for after peak hours. To do this, use the drop-down next to Set To Process After Hour and select a time that you would like to upload your lead list.
The fields from your active form will populate automatically for you on the left-hand side of the page
- Match the field name on the left by using the drop-down menus on the right.
- Examples would be matching the First Name to First name, Email to Email Address, Primary Phone to Phone Number
- The only required field here is Phone which shows up with a red line in the Select box. The red line indicates that this is a required field.
- Note: if the zip codes in the list have less than 5 digits, the system will add 0s at the beginning of the digits to make it 5 digits. Zipcodes with more than 5 digits are accepted and Zip codes with only 2 digits won't be added.
You can also Map Fields that are currently not in the selected form.
- To do this, check Map fields that are currently not in this form and continue mapping the fields
Click on Finish
Once you see the summary, you have successfully uploaded your leads!