An announcement is a pre-recorded audio file that will be played once the lead is sent to this feature. Announcements will need a PBX Recording that you can assign from the Audio Library.
This option allows the admin to create additional announcements. Here are the steps to follow:
From the Dashboard, click on Phone System and select Announcements
Click on Add Announcement
Configure Announcement option.
- Description – The name of the announcement
- Repeat – Key to press that will allow for the message to be replayed. If you choose this option there will be a short delay inserted after the message. If a longer delay is needed it should be incorporated into the recording.
- Allow Skip – Allowing the caller to press a key to skip the message.
- Return to IVR - If this announcement came from an IVR and this option is enabled, the destination below will be ignored and instead it will return to the calling IVR. Otherwise, the destination below will be taken. Don't check if not using in this mode.
- The IVR return location will be to the last IVR in the call chain that was called so be careful to only check when needed. For example, if an IVR directs a call to another destination which eventually calls this announcement and this option is enabled, it will return to that IVR which may not be the expected behavior.
- Don't Answer Channel - Check this to keep the channel from explicitly being answered. When enabled, the message will be played and if the channel is not already answered it will be prematurely delivered. When disabled, the channel is answered followed by a 1 second delay. When using an announcement from an IVR or other sources that have already answered the channel, that 1 second delay may not be desired.
- Recording - Message to be played.
Configure Announcement Destination.
- This is where the lead will be transferred after the message was played. Click on the drop-down arrow and select the desired destination.
At the lower right-hand corner, click on Apply Changes to save the settings.
You will get a pop-up message that you need to "Reload the PBX" in order to lock in your settings.
You can see this on the Phone System and click Reload PBX.
Then you will get a message "PBX reloaded successfully! Changes might take up to 15 minutes to take effect."