If you use an Interactive Voice Response (IVR), you may want to add a directory of your agents so that calls can be routed to them directly. You can have this feature so that your customers can call directly to your users.
From the Dashboard, click on Phone System and select User Directory
Under show User Directories, Click on Add Directory
Configure User Directory settings
- Directory General Options
- Description - Description of this directory
- CallerID Name Prefix - Prefix to be appended to current CallerID Name.
Directory Options (DMTF)
- Recording - Greeting to be played on entry to the directory.
- Invalid Retries - Number of times to retry when receiving an invalid/unmatched response from the caller.
- Invalid Retry Recording - Prompt to be played when an invalid/unmatched response is received, before prompting the caller to try again.
- Invalid Recording - Prompt to be played before sending the caller to an alternate destination due to the caller pressing 0 or receiving the maximum amount of invalid/unmatched responses (as determined by Invalid Retries)
- Invalid Destination - Destination to send the call to after Invalid Recording is played.
- Return to IVR - When selected, if the call passed through an IVR that had Return to IVR selected, the call will be returned there instead of the Invalid destination.
- Announce Extension - When checked, the extension number being transferred to will be announced prior to the transfer.
- To add Directory Entries,
- Select the Name of the Agent,
- Select the PBX Recording and
- Type the Number to Dial.
- Click on Add Entry
At the lower right hand corner, click on Apply Changes to save the settings.