How to Edit Extensions
This option allows the admin to make changes on the Extension settings. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1. Login to the URL https://admin-lax.convoso.com/login using your Admin credentials.
Step 2. From the Dashboard, click on (A) “Phone System” and select (B) "Extensions"
Step 3. Under Show Extension, select the Extension that you want to edit then (C) click on the drop down arrow under action and (D) click on “Edit”.
Step 4. Once you click on Edit you can now change the settings of the Extension that you selected.
Under Extension settings this option allows the Admin to changes the (E) “Settings” and (F) “Voice mail”.
Extension OptionsOutbound Caller ID Name – Overrides the Caller ID Name when dialing out directly through the Soft Phone (not the dialer).
Outbound Caller ID Phone - Type the Phone Caller ID
Internal CID Alias - The CID Number to use for internal calls, if different from the extension number. This is used to masquerade as a different user. A common example is a team of support people who would like their internal Caller ID to display the general support number (a Ringgroup or Queue). There will be no effect on the external Calls.
- Note: If you need to know more about Ringgroup and Queue please refer to these links: Ringgroup <link> / Queue<link>
This section allows the Admin to set up their Voicemail.
- Voicemail Password – This is the password used to access the Voicemail system.
- This password can only contain numbers.
- A user can change the password you enter here after logging into the Voicemail system (*98) with a phone.
- Email Address – The email address that voicemails are sent to.
- Pager Email Address – Pager/Mobile email address that short Voicemail notifications are sent to.
- Email Attachment – Option to attach Voicemails to email.
- Play CID – Read back caller’s telephone number prior to playing the incoming message, and just after announcing the date and time the message was left.
- Play Envelope – Envelope controls whether or not the Voicemail system will play the message envelope (date/time) before playing the Voicemail message. This settings does not affect the operation of the envelope option in the advanced Voicemail menu.
- Delete Voicemail – If set to “Yes” the message will be deleted from the Voicemail box (after having bend emailed). Provided functionality that allows a user to receive their Voicemail via email alone, rather than having the Voicemail able to be retrieved from the Web interface or the Extension handset.
CAUTION: MUST HAVE attach Voicemail to email SET TO YES OTHERWISE YOUR MESSAGES WILL BE LOST FOREVER.
This section allows the Admin to manage their Voicemail.
Step 5. At the lower right hand corner, click on (G) "Apply Changes" to save the settings.