A PBX (Private Branch Exchange) is a phone system that allows an organization to manage incoming and outgoing phone calls and also allows communication internally within the organization.
It provides features like transfers, voicemail, call recording, interactive voice menus (IVRs) and call queues and other useful features.
Here we can discuss how you can configure voicemail extensions for each agent and manage your voicemail. Leads will be able to leave messages for agents that can then be sent to the agent's registered email address.
From the Dashboard, click on Phone System and select Extensions.
Under Show Extension, select the Extension that you want to edit then click on the drop down arrow under action and click on Edit.
Once you click on Edit you can now change the settings of the Extension that you selected. Under Extension settings, this option allows the Admin to changes the Settings and Voicemail.
- Outbound Caller ID Name – Overrides the Caller ID Name when dialing out directly through the SoftPhone (not the dialer).
- Outbound Caller ID Phone - Type the Phone Caller ID
- Internal CID Alias - The CID Number to use for internal calls, if different from the extension number. This is used to masquerade as a different user. A common example is a team of support people who would like their internal Caller ID to display the general support number (a Ringgroup or Queue). There will be no effect on the external Calls.
This section allows the Admin to set up their Voicemail.
- Voicemail Password – This is the password used to access the Voicemail system.
- This password can only contain numbers.
- A user can change the password you enter here after logging into the Voicemail system (*98) with a phone.
- Email Address – The email address that voicemails are sent to.
- Pager Email Address – Pager/Mobile email address that short Voicemail notifications are sent to.
- Email Attachment – Option to attach Voicemails to email.
- Play CID – Read back caller’s telephone number prior to playing the incoming message, and just after announcing the date and time the message was left.
- Play Envelope – Envelope controls whether or not the Voicemail system will play the message envelope (date/time) before playing the Voicemail message. This settings does not affect the operation of the envelope option in the advanced Voicemail menu.
- Delete Voicemail – If set to Yes the message will be deleted from the Voicemail box (after having been emailed). Provided functionality that allows a user to receive their Voicemail via email alone, rather than having the Voicemail able to be retrieved from the Web interface or the Extension handset.
CAUTION: YOU MUST HAVE attach Voicemail to email SET TO YES OTHERWISE YOUR MESSAGES WILL BE LOST FOREVER.
This section allows the Admin to manage their Voicemail.
At the lower right-hand corner, click on Apply Changes to save the settings.