Convoso provides many default fields to add to your form but you may have custom fields you would like to add. We give you the option to create a Custom Field and add it to your agent form. There are many types of custom fields and we will discuss them below.
From the admin page, go to CRM then Lead Layouts & Fields.
In Manage Layout Section, click on Fields Tab then click on Add Lead Field.
Scroll at the bottom to see how many remaining fields you still have on the account.
In Choose the field type select the field type you would like to add.
- Checkbox - Allows users to select a True (checked) or False (unchecked) value.
- Date - Allows users to enter a date or pick a date from a popup calendar.
- Datetime - Allows users to enter a date and time, or pick a date from a popup calendar. When users click a date in the popup, that date and the current time are entered into the Date/Time field.
- Email - Allows users to enter an email address which is validated to ensure proper format. If this field is specified for a contact or lead, users can choose the address when clicking Send an Email. Note that custom email addresses cannot be used for mass emails.
- Currency - Allows users to enter any currency. Leading zeros are removed.
- Number - Allows users to enter any number. Leading zeros are removed.
- Phone - Allows users to enter any phone number. Automatically formats it as a phone number.
- Select - Allows users to select a value from a list you define.
- Multi-Select - Allows users to select multiple values from a list you define.
- Text - Allows users to enter any combination of letters and numbers.
- Textarea - Allows users to enter up to 255 characters on separate lines.
- Textarea (Long) - Allows users to enter up to 131,072 characters on separate lines.
- API Lookup - Allows users to select a value from an external source.
- API Processing - Allows users to post the lead to an external source and store the response.
Non-Persistent - Allows users to insert input that will not be stored such as social security, credit card, or any confidential information (To be used in concurrence with API Processing field).
- State - Allows the users to select a custom state from this field.
In this example, let's choose Checkbox Field Type It will automatically go to the next step. The most common type of field is a text field. You have 3 options for text fields, small, medium and large.
Note: There's a Limit for each field that you will use for the form. Scroll down to the bottom of the page in Choose the field type to check.
In Enter the Details you will need to enter information for the field you selected earlier. This an example of details that you need to enter for Checkbox Field Type. These will change depending on the field type that you are going to create.
- Field Number
- Field Label
- Field Name
- Help Text
- Default Value
After you Enter the information, click on Add Field button.
After adding the field, Required for Statuses will appear.
This feature will allow Admin to have a required status or statuses for this field. Agent will not be able to disposition the lead without using the required status or statuses of the field.
Select the status and click on the less than button to add the status on the Disposition Statuses this field is required for.
Click on Save Changes to apply the settings.
If you tried to add more and your ran our of field space. You will get an error message. "You’ve used up all of your available fields of data type Text, and Text is of this data type. Please select a different form element."
Go Back to Fields Tab and check the Field you just created.
NOTE: An account can only have a certain number of custom fields. Please see the FAQ below for further information
FAQ: Limitations in creating Custom Fields
Related FAQs: How to Configure State Fields