This option allows the admin to configure Follow me settings. This module is used to quickly view and change the enabled/disabled status to forward calls to other extensions or destinations.
Here are the steps to follow:
From the Dashboard, click on Phone System and select Follow Me
Under Show Follow Me, click on Add button to edit Follow me settings
Configure Follow Me settings
Follow Me Options
- Extension – The number of this extension.
- Disable – By default (not checked) any call to this extension will go to this Follow-Me instead, including directory calls by name from IVRs. If checked, calls will go only to the extension. However, destinations that specify Follow Me will come here. Checking this box is often used in conjunction with VmX locater, where you want a call to ring the extension, and the only if the caller chooses to find you do you want it to come here.
- Initial Ring Time - This is the number of seconds to ring the primary extension prior to proceeding to the follow-me list. The extension can also be included in the follow-me list. A 0 setting will be bypass.
- Ring Strategy – Here are the options
- ringallv2: ring Extension for duration set in initial Ring Time, and then, while continuing call to extension, ring Follow-Me List
- ringall : ring Extension for duration set in Initial Ring Time, and then terminate call to Extension and ring Follow-Me List for duration set in Ring Time.
- hunt: take turns ringing each available extension
- memoryhunt: ring first extension in the list, then ring the 1st and 2nd extension, then ring 1st 2nd and 3rd extension in the list.... etc.
- prim: these modes act as described above. However, if the primary extension (first in list) is occupied, the other extensions will not be rung. If the primary is DND, it won't be rung. If the primary is CF unconditional, then all will be rung
- firstavailable: ring only the first available channel
- firstnotonphone: ring only the first channel which is not off hook - ignore CW
- Ring Time (max 60 sec) - Time in seconds that the phones will ring. For all hunt style ring strategies, this is the time for each iteration of phone(s) that are rung.
- Follow Me List - List extensions or external numbers to ring
- Add External Number - Add custom phone number to Follow-Me List.
- Recording - Message to be played to the caller before dialing this group.
- Play Music On Hold? - If you select a Music on Hold class to play, instead of 'Ring', they will hear that instead of Ringing while they are waiting for someone to pick up.
- CID Name Prefix - You can optionally prefix the Caller ID name when ringing extensions in this group. i.e.: If you prefix with Sales:, a call from John Doe would display as Sales:John Doe on the extensions that ring.
Call Confirmation Configuration
- Confirm Calls - Enable this if you're calling external numbers that need confirmation - e.g., a mobile phone may go to voicemail which will pick up the call. Enabling this requires the remote side push 1 on their phone before the call is put through. This feature only works with the ringall/ringall-prim ring strategy.
- Remote Recording - Message to be played to the person RECEIVING the call, if 'Confirm Calls' is enabled. To add additional recordings use the Recordings MENU to the left.
- Too-Late Recording - Message to be played to the person RECEIVING the call, if the call has already been accepted before they push 1. To add additional recordings use the Recordings MENU to the left.
Change External CID Configuration
Mode – Here are the options
- Default: Transmits the Callers CID if allowed by the trunk.
- Fixed CID Value: Always transmit the Fixed CID Value below.
- Outside Calls Fixed CID Value: Transmit the Fixed CID Value below on calls that come in from outside only. Internal extension to extension calls will continue to operate in default mode.
- Use Dialed Number: Transmit the number that was dialed as the CID for calls coming from outside. Internal extension to extension calls will continue to operate in default mode. There must be a DID on the inbound route for this. This will be BLOCKED on trunks that block foreign Caller ID
- Force Dialed Number: Transmit the number that was dialed as the CID for calls coming from outside. Internal extension to extension calls will continue to operate in default mode. There must be a DID on the inbound route for this. This WILL be transmitted on trunks that block foreign Caller ID.
Fixed CID Value – Waiting for Devs
Destination if no answer – This is where the lead will be transferred after the message is played. Click on the drop down arrow and select the desired destination.
Click on Apply Changes.