When using inbound functionality, you may want to configure specific settings on your inbound numbers. You can have all new leads created on a specific list and even block DNC numbers from calling in. An explanation of each setting is below.
From the Dashboard, click on Account and select Inbound Numbers from the drop down.
In the Manage DID section, decide on how you would like to search for your inbound number
In this example we will filter by Inbound Number and type the Inbound Number 3033753175. Click on Search.
To go to the settings of the Inbound Number, click on the Inbound Number itself
Edit the following as needed:
- Name - This is the identifier or name for the Inbound number
- Status - Activate or Deactivate Inbound number
- Route Call to - section where inbound calls go directly
(In this example, we set it to route to Call Center Queues)
Setting this feature will allows you to let the system transfer inbound calls to different routing options when the condition is met.
To know more about Dynamic Routes for Inbound Call click here.
DNC Handle Method
Search Method - Inbound calls are filtered based on these options.
- Disable - inbound calls won't be filtered against DNC List
- Account Wide - inbound calls will be filtered against the Account DNC List
- Campaign Specific - inbound call will be filtered against Campaign Specific DNC list.
Route Call To - section where inbound calls matched DNC go directly
- Selection Changes based on what Route Call to Option is selected
Lead Handle Method
List Search Method – when there’s an inbound call, the system will do the selected option
- Always create new lead - system will always create new lead for every inbound call received.
- Search entire system, otherwise create new lead in the Default List - system will search for a phone number match in the entire system. If there's no match found, a new lead will be created.
- Search Default list, and create the lead in the Default List - system will search for a phone number match in the Default List. If there's no match found, a new lead will be created.
- Search specific campaign, otherwise create new lead in the Default List - system will search for a phone number match in selected campaigns. If there's no match found, a new lead will be created.
Number Search - below are the options on what phone number system will look for.
- Phone - system will look for match in Phone Numbers
- Phone and Cellphone - system will look for match in Phone and Cellphone Numbers
- Phone and Cellphone and Work Phone - system will look for match in Phone , Cellphone Numbers, and Work Numbers
Default List - Select the List that will contain the newly created Leads.
Campaign Search (only visible when "Search specific campaign, otherwise create new lead in the Default List" is selected) - Select the campaign or campaigns system will check for phone matches
When everything is configured properly, click on Apply Changes