When using the inbound functionality, you may want to configure specific settings on your inbound numbers. You can have all new leads created on a specific list and even block DNC numbers from calling in. An explanation of each setting is below.
From the Dashboard, click on Account and select Inbound Numbers from the drop-down.
In the Manage DID section, search for the Inbound Numbers based on preferred filters.
In this example we will filter by Inbound Numbers and type the Inbound Number 3033753175. Click on Search.
To go to the settings of the Inbound Number, click on the Inbound Number itself.
(Click here if you need to edit multiple DIDs at the same time).
Edit the following as needed:
- Name - This is the identifier or name for the Inbound number.
- Status - Activate or Deactivate Inbound number.
- Route Call to - Section where inbound calls go directly to the desired destination.
- Route Unknown Calls - If the Phone Number is not found in the account, Route the Inbound Call to another Destination.
(In this example, we set it to route to Call Center Queues).
Note: If you select Agent as Route Call To, you will have another option to route the call if the Agent Not Found or Not Logged In.
Setting this feature will allow you to let the system transfer inbound calls to different routing options when the condition is met.
To know more about Dynamic Routes for Inbound Calls click here.
DNC Handle Method
Search Method - Inbound calls are filtered based on these options.
- Disable - inbound calls won't be filtered against DNC Lists.
- Account Wide - inbound calls will be filtered against the Account DNC List.
- Campaign Specific - inbound calls will be filtered against the Campaign Specific DNC list.
Route Call To - section where inbound calls matched with DNC go directly to the desired destination.
- Selection Changes based on what Route Call to Option is selected.
Disposition Status - Section where you can select the status of lead once the call is terminated.
Lead Handle Method
List Search Method – when there is an inbound call, the system will do the selected option.
- Always create new lead - The system will always create a new lead for every inbound call received.
- Search entire system, otherwise, create a new lead in the Default List - The system will search for a phone number match in the entire system. If there's no match found, a new lead will be created.
- Search Default list, and create the lead in the Default List - The system will search for a phone number match in the Default List. If there's no match found, a new lead will be created.
- Search specific campaign, otherwise, create a new lead in the Default List - The system will search for a phone number match in selected campaigns. If there's no match found, a new lead will be created.
Number Search - below are the options on what phone number system will look for.
- Phone - system will look for a match in Phone Numbers.
- Phone and Cellphone - The system will look for a match in Phone and Cellphone Numbers.
- Phone and Cellphone and Work Phone - The system will look for a match in Phone, Cellphone Numbers, and Work Phone Numbers.
Default List - Select the List that will contain the newly created Leads.
Campaign Search (only visible when "Search specific campaign, otherwise create a new lead in the Default List" is selected) - Select the campaign or campaigns the system will check for phone matches.
Note: Selecting another option in the List Search Method will remove those selected campaigns in Campaign Search. Add those campaigns again when needed.
When everything is configured properly, click on Apply Changes.