This option allows the admin to add a Ring Group. Here are the steps to follow:
From the Dashboard, click on Phone System and select Ring Groups.
Under show Ring Group, click on Add Ring Group
Note: If you reached the maximum number of allowed Ring Groups, you will get an error message popup.
Configure Ring Group settings
- Ring Group Options
- Ring Group Number - The name of this Ring Group
- Description - Provide a descriptive title for this Ring Group.
- Ring Strategy:
- ringall: Ring all available channels until one answers (default)
hunt: Take turns ringing each available extension
memoryhunt: Ring first extension in the list, then ring the 1st and 2nd extension, then ring 1st 2nd and 3rd extension in the list.... etc.
*-[Primary Dependent]: These modes act as described above. However, if the primary extension (first in the list) is occupied, the other extensions will not be rung. If the primary is on Do Not Disturb, it won`t be rung. If the primary is Call Forward unconditional, then all will be rung
firstavailable: ring only the first available channel
firstnotonphone: ring only the first channel which is not off-hook - ignore Call Waiting
- Ring Time (max 300 sec) - Time in seconds that the phones will ring. For all hunt style ring strategies, this is the time for each iteration of phone(s) that are rung
- Extension List - List of extensions to ring
- Add External Number - Add a custom phone number to "Extension List".
- Recording - Message to be played to the caller before dialing this group.
- Play Music On Hold - If you select a Music on Hold class to play, instead of 'Ring', they will hear that instead of Ringing while they are waiting for someone to pick up.
- CID Name Prefix - You can optionally prefix the CallerID name when ringing extensions in this group. i.e.: If you prefix with "Sales:", a call from John Doe would display as "Sales: John Doe" on the extensions that ring.
- Ignore CF Settings - When checked, agents who attempt to Call Forward will be ignored.
- Skip Busy Agent - When checked, agents who are on an occupied phone will be skipped as if the line were returning busy. This means that Call Waiting or multi-line phones will not be presented with the call and in the various hunt style ring strategies, the next agent will be attempted.
- Enable Call Pickup - Checking this will allow calls to the Ring Group to be picked up with the directed call pickup feature using the group number. When not checked, individual extensions that are part of the group can still be picked up by doing a directed call pickup to the ringing extension which works whether or not this is checked.
- Confirm Calls - Enable this if you're calling external numbers that need confirmation - e.g., a mobile phone may go to voicemail which will pick up the call. Enabling this requires the remote side push 1 on their phone before the call is put through. This feature only works with the ringall ring strategy
- Remote Announce - Message to be played to the person RECEIVING the call, if 'Confirm Calls' is enabled.
- Too-Late Announce - Message to be played to the person RECEIVING the call if the call has already been accepted before they push 1.
Change External CID Configuration
- Default: Transmits the Callers CID
- Fixed CID Value: Always transmit the Fixed CID Value below.
- Outside Calls Fixed CID Value: Transmit the Fixed CID Value below on calls that come in from outside only. Internal extension to extension calls will continue to operate in default mode.
- Use Dialed Number: Transmit the number that was dialed as the CID for calls coming from outside. Internal extension to extension calls will continue to operate in default mode. There must be a DID on the inbound route for this.
- Force Dialed Number: Transmit the number that was dialed as the CID for calls coming from outside. Internal extension to extension calls will continue to operate in default mode. There must be a DID on the inbound route for this.
- Fixed CID Value - Fixed value to replace the CID with used with some of the modes above. Should be in a format of digits only.
- Record Calls - You can always record calls that come into this ring group, never record them, or allow the extension that answers to do an on-demand recording. If the recording is denied then one-touch on-demand recording will be blocked.
- Never – System will never record the calls.
- On Demand – The agent need to manually click the recording button to start the recording
- Always – System will automatically record all the calls.
Destination if no answer
Select a destination to where the lead will be routed if no one answer. Click on the drop-down arrow to select the destination.
At the lower right-hand corner, click on Apply Changes to save the settings.