As the TalkNow administrator, you can setup your Agents experience with Access Control List (known as ACLs) and User Access rights to fine-tune the system experience.
Here Is a Quick Overview of User Permissions and User Access
Access Users > Edit a User > Click the User Permissions Tab to View the ACL Settings:
- Click on "Users"
- Select the user you need to configure
- Click on "User Permissions" Tab
Create a Custom Profile to make a New Custom ACL for your Users:
- To setup a new Agent Profile, select "Custom" and click on “Create Profile”
- Type the name of the new profile and configure the Agent ACL (Access Control List)
Brief Explanations of the Individual ACL User Permission Settings:
We know that it can be a little confusing at first, as this is quite technical. Hopefully some human friendly explanations will help you find the right settings for your team!
Here are the settings found on User Permissions Agent Access Control List (ACL):
- Allow Altering Lead Data: If you disable 'altering lead data' by setting this option to no, the agent form fields while on a call with a contact will be 'greyed' out, and your agents will not be able to add or edit information on the contact. Very useful if you want to keep the contact data AS IS!
- Allow Calling DNC: Your DNC list is populated over time on your TalkNow system to avoid calling contacts that indicated they wish to not receive agent calls from your organization. Enabling this setting by selecting Yes will allow DNC statused contacts to be loaded into the hopper and called.
- Allow Manual Calls: A manual call is a call in which you dial the lead with the click of a button instead of having the system dial it for you.
- Allow Altering Phone Numbers: This will allow your agents to change a phone number on the fly from the agent page.
- Recording: You have the option of recording your agent's calls at their discretion by clicking the Record button or forcing all calls to be recorded.
- Allow Agent To Choose List: This will allow your agents to select the list of their choosing instead of forcing their settings to a specific list.
- Default List Access Level: This will allow you to set which lists your agents have access to.
- Default List for New Leads: Choose this setting if you want your agent's newly created leads to be created on a specific list. If no list is selected, the agent will be able to save the lead where they want it to be saved.
- Skip Leads in Preview Dial: This setting will allow your agents to skip a lead when in preview dial. You can configure skipped leads to re-enter the hopper at a later time.
- Allow Switching Campaigns: By clicking this option you are allowing your agents to change campaigns from within the agent page without logging out and back in.
- Allow Re-disposition Calls: By choosing this setting you are allowing your agents to redisposition a call without having to call the lead first.
- Allow Agent Listen To Recording: If you would like your agents to be able to listen to recordings you can grant them those permissions by selecting this option.
- Allow Creating Leads With DNC Number: This will allow an agent to create a new lead with an already DNC'd phone number.
- Allow Search By Lead ID Only: This option will restrict your agent's search abilities to Lead ID only. They will no longer be able to search by name of phone number.
- Allow Transfer Calls To Agent: If you would like your agents to be able to transfer calls between each other, change this setting to yes. If you would like to restrict agents from transferring to each other, set this to no.
- Go back to Select Agent ACL and click “Save” button to save the updated settings of the User Agent Interface Options.
- Go down to the bottom part of the page and click "Save" button.
- Once an Agent ACL profile is created, it can be selected from the drop down and assign the settings to other users if needed.
Common Agent ACL Configuration and Settings
- Admin Level or Full Level Access - Most sections are set to "Allow". This type of user has Full Access and has No restrictions
- Restricted Form User - Most of the sections are set to "No". This type of user has very limited Access and to what he can do on the system.
- Default Access - This type of user has a good balance of Access and Restrictions to settings this user needed.
Common Settings and Restrictions being adjusted
- Allow Agent Listen To Recording
- Allow Altering Lead Data
- Allow Agent Re-Disposition Calls
- Allow Search By Lead ID Only