Let's discuss dialable statuses and how they work.
To see your dialable statuses, go to Campaigns and then the Dialable Contacts tab.
Your page will look very similar to the below screenshot
Each status listed under Statuses to be Dialed is a dialable status meaning the system will dial on those statuses for you. You can add and remove dialable statuses easily. If a status is not listed on this page, the system will not dial it automatically for you.
- To add a dialable status, click the Add Dialable Status button in the top right corner. A new drop down will appear for you at the bottom of the list. Select the status you would like to make dialable from the drop down menu.
- To remove a dialable status, click the - sign at the far right of the screen. This will remove the entry immediately.
You may ask Why a status should be made dialable. If you have created custom statuses you may want to dial on them. Another reason to make a status dialable would be when you have already reset your lists and you still have no dialable contacts. You can make a status dialable permanently or for a short period of time. If you have run out of dialable contacts and need to make statuses dialable, you can check the list statistics tab on the list page to see what your current statuses are.
Every list has a statistics tab. The list statistics will show you a breakdown of exactly how many contacts of each status you have. These statistics can be a great way to help you manage your lists. The list statistics tab can be a great tool to determine why you have run out of contacts or how many times you have called a contact.
The list statistics tab will show you three things
- Statuses within this list - This will show you the current status of every contact within the list. There is also a column for call count available within this section.
- Timezones within this list - This section will tell you what timezone your contacts are in. This can be helpful in determining why contacts are not being dialed. If it is later than the designated calling period, you will not be able to dial leads in certain time zones.
- Called counts within this list - This will give you a breakdown of how many times a contact has been called. This can be especially helpful when using lead recycling. To reset the call count on a list, go in to the campaign settings, go to list management and click the reset button. This will zero out your call counts and you can redial your contacts.
Contact recycling can be a very powerful tool within TalkNow. Contact recycling can effectively negate your need to reset lists manually for long periods of time. When using contact recycling you are setting a time frame as to how often you would like to dial a contact and a call count limit so you do not dial the contact too often. Below are some guidelines for using contact recycling.
- Don't dial too often - Contact recycling works best when the attempt second delay is in the hours range, not the minutes range. For example, calling an answering machine detected status every 4-8 hours instead of every 30 minutes will keep your hopper filling with new leads and other statuses. Since answering machine detected is one of the most common statuses, calling every 30 minutes will keep your hopper filled with only answering machine detected calls cutting down on your chances of getting a live contact on the phone.
- Attempt Second Delay - How often do you want to redial your contacts? If you dial too often you run the risk of the contact recognizing the number and calling pattern. As an example, calling a contact every hour from the same phone number for two days will practically ensure that the contact will never answer the phone. However, calling a contact twice a day for 5 days you will still have a chance for the contact to answer the phone.
- Maximum Call Attempts - Within TalkNow you can set the call count attempt up to 100 times. This means that the system will recycle and dial that contact up to 100 times before having to reset your list. Very high call counts should be used sparingly and with long intervals of attempt second delay. Redialing your contacts with aggressive time frames can be seen as negative to a contact. No one wants their phone to ring every half hour for 8 hours at a time.
Moving contacts from one list to another
You can move your contacts from one list to another based on status.
In this example, we are moving all calls with a status of answering machine detected from a hot list to a list for later dialing.
To begin, go to Lists and then Contact Lists
Once you have clicked Contact lists, you will be taken to the List Management page and you will be able to select the list you want to move contacts from in the drop down menu at the top of the screen. Click the list name to select it.
After selecting the list you would like to move contacts from, go to the Move Contacts tab at the top of the screen.
In the above image, we are moving the status of Answering Machine Detected from the Hot List to the Cold List.
- From List - The list you want to move contacts From
- To List - The list that you want to move the contacts To
- Transfer Disposition - the disposition you would like to move to the new list
- Limit - You can set a size limit on how many contacts you would like to move at one time ranging from 1 to 50,000.
Once you have selected your lists, disposition and limit click on the Move Contacts button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
How to export a specific disposition
In TalkNow you have the option to export your contacts or a single disposition. Here we will show you how to export a single disposition. This can be especially helpful when you are looking for success dispositions in particular.
To start, go to Statistics and then Call Logs
Once you have gone to the call logs, set your filters
- Start/End Date - If you only want calls with a certain disposition for a certain amount of time, set the date time filter
- Filter By - Here you will select Status by using the drop down menu then you will search for the disposition of your choosing in the blank field to the right of the screen
- Order By - Here you can change the order in which the contacts display
To populate your contacts, click the Search button.
Once your contacts have loaded, click the Export Logs button in the top right corner of the screen
This will export your selected contacts based on their disposition.