In This Article:
Area Code Based Caller ID, sometimes called Local Presence, is a feature that allows you to control the Outbound Caller ID based on the Area Code of the Lead that is being dialed. As long as you own the Area Code, this feature will match the Area Code being displayed by the system to that of the Area Code being dialed.
Below are some features within the List-Based ACID settings that will help the Administrator manage their ACID List better, which can increase the chances of Leads answering the phone since the Area Code of the Caller ID is near their location and will help lower Agent wait time.
1.) From the Account Admin Dashboard, click the Call Center main menu option.
2.) Click the List Based ACID menu option.
3.) The Show ACIDs page will open, displaying all existing ACID Lists.
4.) Click the Name of the List Based ACID to access the settings page.
5.) In the List Based ACID section, set the Area Code Calculation:
- Standard (default) - Will use all the DIDs owned for the Area Code listed. For Area Codes with no DIDs, it will rotate through all DIDs owned.
- Proximity - Will subsidize the Area Codes with a limited amount of DIDs to provide up to the average amount of DIDs per Area Code.
- Neighboring - Will bypass the DIDs owned for the Area Code and assign DIDs from Neighboring Area Codes.
Selecting Standard will use all the DIDs owned for the Area Code listed. For Area Codes with no DIDs, it will rotate through all DIDs owned.
- In the Caller IDs Preview tab you can see how many of each Area Code is being used.
- Enabling Proximity
Selecting Proximity will require you to select the Area Code Radius (Miles). This is dependent on your Vertical.
- For companies in the Home Improvement Vertical, a 50-mile radius is the best option, as service is the determining factor.
- For other nationwide companies, such as solar, the best option is max radius.
- Set the Area Code Radius to 25
- Click the Apply Changes button at the bottom right of the table. Clicking this button when enabling Proximity will immediately redirect you to the Caller IDs Preview tab.The system added the Area Codes within the set proximity Radius.
- Area Code 202 is within a 25-mile radius of 703.
- Area Code 204 is within a 25-mile radius of 203
- Enabling Neighboring
This will have the system primarily use the next or closest Area Code. If there is no neighboring Area Code, it will use the same one.
- Set the Area Code Radius to 25.
- Click the Apply Changes button at the bottom right of the table. Clicking this button when enabling Neighboring will immediately redirect you to the Caller IDs Preview tab.The system used the nearest DIDs for Area Codes 201 and 206 to Area Codes within a 25-mile radius. 201 is using and 917 and 347 Neighboring Area Codes, and 206 is using a 360 Neighboring Area Code.
Deleting an ACID Entry
To delete an ACID entry within the list, click the Minus(-) Sign button in the Delete column, as shown in the image below.
Note: This is irreversible.
Click the Apply Changes button.
Caller IDs Preview tab
This tab displays the Caller ID assignment based on the selected Area Code Calculation.
Linked Campaigns tab
In the Linked Campaign tab, the name of the Campaign that is currently using the List Based ACID as Custom Caller ID is displayed.
- Clicking the name of the Campaign will direct you to the configuration settings for that Campaign.
- You can also use the Action drop-down in the Action column and select Edit to access the Campaign General Settings.
Area Code Coverage
Area Code Coverage is a function for your List Based ACID that helps determine if the number of DIDs in your ACID List is enough for the number of calls or Leads you make every day.
The account has a limit of 20k DIDs for all of the ACID Lists.
- For Example: The account has five ACID Lists, the total number of DIDs in all five ACID Lists should not be more than 20k.
See: How to use Area Code Coverage for more information on Area Code Coverage.