In This Article:
An integration with Google Calendar has been added that allows for Callback Events created in the Convoso app to be sent to an Agent’s Google Calendar.
This will allow the Agent to get notifications/reminders on their phones for upcoming calls.
There will be a two-way Sync of data between Convoso and Google for Calendar Events, and changes to the Disposition of the Event will remove the Callback Event from the Calendar.
Connect an Agent's Google Calendar to Convoso.
Disconnect an Agent's Google Calendar from Convoso.
Display an Agent’s connection Status to Google Calendar if the Sync is turned on.
Google Calendar Integration Basics
Agents can set up and turn on/off the integration from the Agent Interface without Admin interaction.
The Sync will push Calendar Events from Convoso to Google Calendar.
Sync pushes edits to existing Calendar Events from Convoso to the corresponding Google Calendar Event.
Allows editing/removing/rescheduling/etc. of Google Calendar events to push back to the Convoso Calendar.
An Agent ends a call and Dispositions it as Call Back, then sets the Callback date and time in the future (e.g., July 18 at 1:00 pm). That Agent’s Google Calendar is also updated to show a Callback Event on July 18 at 1:00 pm, using the Agent’s local timezone.
An Agent goes to their Google Calendar and updates a Callback scheduled for July 18 at 1:00 pm to July 19 at 2:00 pm. Google sends an update to the Convoso Calendar and updates the Callback Event on July 18 at 1:00 pm to July 19 at 2:00pm using the Agent’s local timezone.
Note: Agents must be signed in to Google in the same browser as the one they are using for the Convoso app.
See the Agent Interface Google Calendar Integration article to learn more about the Agent Interface settings for the Google Calendar Integration.
Calendar Sync for Agents
Before Agents can sync their calendars with the Callback Calendar in Convoso the Admin needs to turn on the Calendar Sync setting in the Admin Dashboard.
1.) In the Admin Account Dashboard, click the Account main menu.
2.) Click the Users option.
- For each User there is a toggle to turn on and off the Google Calendar Integration ability.
- The Agent's Calendar Status.
- The last time the Agent synced their Calendar.
- Changes take effect immediately. There is no need to save any changes.
The Admin can also create a Calendar Template to be used automatically by every Agent who has their Google Calendar synced.
This Template can be built to include Lead information for the Agent in their Google Calendar.
1.) Click the Account main menu.
2.) Click the Calendar Templates option.
- Calendar Template Information
4.) In the Calendar Template Information section:
- Enter a name for the Template in the Name field.
This name is what shows on the Manage Calendar Templates page for Admins.
- The Title field is for the name (or subject line) of the Callback Event that will show in the Agent's Calendar.
The Insert Field drop-down and Insert into Title and Insert into Description buttons are used for customizing the Title and Description of your Template.
- The Insert Field drop-down contains options for form fields that are inserted into either the Title or Description.
- The form fields will pull the information of the Lead and enter it into the Agent's Callback Event on their Google Calendar.
- The new Calendar Template will appear in the table.
6.) Click on the name of the Calendar Template, and the Email Calendar Settings page will open for editing the Template.
- Click the blue Apply Change button after changes have been made to the Template.